You may be aware from the national press that General Practice is under increasing pressure from rising patient numbers, movement of workload from hospital into primary care and increasing complexity of medical care for some patients. This has been coupled with a shortage of GPs and inadequate funding to accommodate this increase. Despite these issues, West Malling Group Practice aims to provide a high standard of appropriate medical care but would be very grateful for your help and cooperation in order to achieve this.
Please help us to help you by:
- Remembering that although our receptionists will try very hard to accommodate your requests, this is not always possible and maintaining a positive and constructive approach is helpful for all concerned.
- Accepting that, whilst we try to provide an appointment with the clinician of your choice, this may not always be possible and you may be offered an appointment with another member of the team.
- Giving the receptionist as much information as you can. The Patient Services Team are trained and are experienced in to discuss and advise you.
- Considering whether you need a double appointment if you have more than one or a very complex problem to discuss. (A single appointment lasts ten minutes, we need time to listen, assess, discuss and instigate any necessary referrals and investigations.)
- Cancelling an appointment that you can no longer attend in good time.
- Requesting repeat medication in plenty of time, there are a number of ways that we can make reordering easier, please ask at the desk.
- Only asking for an emergency appointment if you believe that you have an acute medical problem that may get worse if left until the next day.
- If you have an urgent medical problem that needs to be addressed today or if you are concerned that you or your child’s condition is deteriorating while you are waiting please tell the receptionist immediately.
The Patners and Management