Please remember our booking motto “Monday for a Monday” for a NON URGENT APPOINTMENT Please don’t call on a Tuesday for a Wednesday appointment. You need to book an appointment on the day of the week that you need an appointment and you will be offered every Monday in the next 3 weeks.
Drop into any of the 3 Surgeries or telephone our dedicated Patient Services Team on 01732 870212
Our experienced Patient Services Team are trained and skilled to triage calls and will ask several questions in order to get you booked with the most suitable clinician:
- You will need to confirm your name and DOB, and your contact details. It is important that we have check these details for data protection but also to ensure we have the most up to date contact details for you on our system.
- We will ask you your symptoms and the nature of the health problem
- We will advise you of the most appropriate action to take, this will not always be a face to face appointment with a doctor, it might be a telephone consultation or a face to face appointment with another type of clinician. A full list of our Primary Care Professionals can be found here under WMGP Team Introduction
- You are able to book some appointments up to 4 weeks ahead perfect for when you need to book a follow up apt for 4 weeks’ time
- Book an advance appointment for up to 3 weeks ahead, these are for all non urgent bookings.
- If it is urgent we will organise a call back by a member of the Duty Team, this is a Doctor and a Nurse working together daily to deal with conditions that need urgent on the day attention.
The Duty Team can then either
a) treat you by phone
b) offer you an appointment that day if they feel it is necessary
- Sometimes the best action is a telephone consultation and not a face to face appointment with your own GP who will call you back. The receptionist will tell you when the next available day is. Please bear in mind that it could be several days before your GP can call you due to the GPs working days, annual leave etc.
For ease of reference here are the Practice Opening Hours
NHS Choices Alternative Services
If you need medical advice or treatment but you don’t need to see a GP, there are some alternatives you can try instead. These are useful services in lots of situations including if you are away from home or if the GP surgery is closed.
- call NHS 111 for non-emergency medical advice and information about local services
- a pharmacist provides advice and treatment for minor conditions that don’t need a prescription
- a minor injuries unit (MIU) provides treatment for less serious injuries, such as sprains, broken bones and wound infections
- a walk-in centre deals with minor illnesses and injuries, such as infections and rashes
- a sexual health or GUM clinic provides testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and contraception advice