Making NHS Services Easier To Access For You
- Tried and tested model of care that improves access for patients to NHS primary care services
- Nationally 43 areas working with won awards now its West Kent’s turn
- Navigation to local services for our patients in and outside the practice
- Navigate more effectively, making social care run smoothly
- The model is being integrated into our systems, as part of professional set up being rolled out across West Kent
- If GP prescribed medication already, our pharmacist is well placed to change medication.
- Posters are in our waiting area promoting our Care Navigation
- Facilitate our patient services staff to navigate using all primary care NHS services in the most appropriate way
- Telling the receptionists a brief description of what the problem is really important for us to source the best service internally or externally for you
- Communicating clearly and easily to you of a range of local services that can help you
- Local pharmacies are open 6- 7 days a week – long opening hours – no appointment necessary – supply a wide range of over the counter medicines
- NHS consultation – free to exemption groups in pharmacies
- Patient questionnaire for patient concerns
- Most pharmacies will give emergency contraception
- Helping people manage with their mental health
- Make every contact count
- For information on WestWakefield Care Navigation click here https://westwakefield.org/carenavigation/
6 External Services we are working with on Care Navigation in West Kent are:
Live Well Kent
- Helps individuals to manage issues in life that impact on their mental health.
- Provision of holistic offer of support for individuals.
- Person centred service supported on journey by community navigator.
- Contact 0800 5677699 or email – email@example.com
- Support depression, anxiety, stress, lonely, low mood, financial, benefit housing support.
- Not for eating disorders.
- Bereavement and loss
- Services offered 7 days a week including evenings.
- To find out more click on this website: https://livewellkent.org.uk/
- Keeping it local to the individual
- Centred support
- Contact – 0800 1584436
- Supporting people with isolation, dementia, lonely
- Email launching soon – www.agewellwestkent.org.uk
- Helping patients to gain access to hospital transport.
- Help people regain their independence
- To find out more click here: https://www.ageuk.org.uk
- Provide assessment of treatment
- Depression, anxiety, anger, phobias, traumatic stress disorder
- Medication support
- To find out more click on this website: https://www.thinkaction.org.uk/
- Life skill courses
- Well being courses
- Contact – https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources/campaigns/44-one-you
- Alcohol consumption
- Healthier diet
- Helping people to exercise more
- Help to quite smoking
- To find out more click on this website: https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk
- Colds and coughs
- Sleep and travel
- Headaches and pain relief
- Skin care
- To find out more click on to this website: http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk
Health & Social Care Coordinators
See more information under our website title “Our Primary Care Professionals”
NEW SERVICE February 2019
Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner
Working in the surgery all day Monday. Suitable for patients with joint pain and or mobility problems. 20 minute appointment for assessment. Can refer if necessary.