Improved Access Opening Times
On the 1st October 2018 Improved Access was launched nationwide. You can now see a GP or other healthcare professional during:
- weekday evenings between 6.30pm and 8.00pm (some practices offer early morning appointments)
- Saturdays and Sundays/Bank Holidays
These appointments offered could be:
- At your registered practice
- At another local GP practices
- At another local NHS service - such as a General Practice Hub
What type of appointments will be available?
Evening appointments between 6.30pm – 8pm Monday to Friday will be offered by a practice in your local area. These appointments will be offered by a range of clinical professionals. Some practices in your local area may offer early morning appointments.
On Saturdays, a clinical professional will be available between 8.00 am to 12.00 pm at a practice in your local area (times may vary).
On Sundays and Bank Holidays a GP will be available between 9.00 am to 12.30 pm at a hub in Tonbridge or Maidstone.
Who can book these appointments?
Improved Access appointments are available for all patients in West Kent, regardless of where they are located. This means that patients can be seen by a clinical professional 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year. It will be unlikely that you will be seen by your normal GP and it is likely that you will have to go to a different surgery to your registered practice for these appointments.
How can I book an appointment?
In order to book these appointments, you contact your surgery reception staff as normal. You will not be able to phone the reception staff on Saturdays, Sundays / Bank Holidays or between 6.30 pm to 8.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Extended Hours and Improved Access Appointments
- Throughout the week, the surgery will be open outside our core hours of 8.30am to 6.00pm (suspended due to Covid-19)
- The Kings Hill surgery is open for pre-bookable appointments with GPS and Health Care Professionals as follows: (suspended due to Covid-19)
Early morning appointments
- Nurses - certain days of the week
- Doctors - certain days of the week (Triage calls in place due to Covid-19)
Late Evening appointments
- Doctors & Nurse Practitioners – (selected evenings) (Triage calls in place due to Covid19)
- A number of Saturdays are open for pre-bookable GP appointments. (Triage calls in place due to Covid-19)
- Please note Reception is NOT open to make new appointments or collect prescriptions/ letters until 8.15am, when full services resume.
- Patients without appointments are kindly asked to wait outside until 8.15am.
Early Morning Service (Some clinicians will be doing telephone triage due to covid-19)
- We offer early morning pre-bookable appointments with GPs and other health care providers throughout the week.
- However, please note that we are unable to book appointments or provide full reception services until 8.15am.
Saturday Service - Kings Hill (Telephone triage due to covid-19)
- Our surgery in Kings Hill is open on some Saturday mornings with a limited service. Patients are able to see a Doctor by pre-arranged appointment only. Please contact the surgery in advance to arrange a Saturday appointment.
- We are unable to offer a “walk in” service.
Late Night Service - Kings Hill (Telephone triage due to covid-19)
- Our surgery in Kings Hill is open until 8.00pm on the late nights. Patients see a Doctor or Nurse.
- Please contact the surgery in advance to arrange an appointment.